The purpose of the Education Working Group is to identify, support, foster and promote initiatives that support education leading to practice within the ICT and digital professions. This includes roles within the ICT industry, as well as tech roles in non-tech companies and organisations.
This Working Group has been formed specifically to address the following key initial issues:
- Developing a map of key education-related skills initiatives, designed to support tech education at school, tertiary or professional level, and map this based on:
- Geographic location in New Zealand
- Position in the pipeline (School > Tertiary > Professional)
- Reach and individual Depth (i.e. per student)
- Use the information above to make recommendations around a targeted approach to supporting scalable programmes with high impact, and to identify gaps in the pipeline.
- Provide a vehicle for collaboration across major initiatives and catalyse additional support for successful activities in this space. For example, the support and development of a “STEM Alliance”.
- Quarterly reports to the Forum
- A map of skills initiatives
- A STEAM Alliance
Paul Matthews, IT Professionals CEO (Industry)
Tony Scott, Tertiary Education Commission (Government)
Beverley Wallis, Ministry of Education (Government)
Terms of reference